Alright kids! The first round of Joy Ride Turbo codes are ready to be handed out or should I say, worked for?! This challenge will award a total of ten codes/ winners and will last a duration of two hours. The rules are simple!! Submit an image of your perfect Joy Ride race car and don’t forget to add it’s specs! The goal is to be creative! This challenge will award the top ten entries as judged by the XBLA team with a Joy Ride Turbo code a two days EARLY! If this isn’t your cup of tea, don’t worry! There’s more code challenges posting all week! Submit your entries by emailing PlayXBLA@Microsoft.com! The rules and times are broken down below for easy reference, enjoy!
*Challenge is now closed - Updated with the winning entries*
We actually chose to award a total of 14 winners that were too awesome to choose from :) RAD submissions everyone!!!
Top speed- Ludicrous
Brakes- Emergency only
Turbo – Liquid Schwartz
Handling – Like a brick with engines
Armaments – Barf yelling pew pew pew (not all that effective)
Bunny Mobile (designed by my 5yr daughter Charlotte)
Built on “Daddies pickup” but pink and purple.
Bunny powered. “Powered by happy bunnies. The happier the fast you go”
“When bunny go poof poof it goes faster” (you can guess what poof poof is. ;) )
Pictured here is the Mad Masher! This is actually a toy from my childhood but I think it fits the bill.
Why is this a dream ride? 2 words: Sixteen Tires! In addition to that awesomeness, there are 3 350 engines that are bored over .60 and have an enhanced crank shaft that effectively makes these all 383 V8 motors. On top of that, that is 2 fuel tanks pictured. Who can deny that sexiness? This model does not come with a radio because you’ll be singing along with that hum of the engine as you crush all that get in your way! Also, this has a handy lever start. Who has time for keys when you need to spend your time being awesome? Not me, that’s who! Next time you want to hop in some cute guy’s car, think about my ride instead and tell that ‘jabrone’ he needs a real man’s ride!
This would be my custom “ride”.
It may look like an office chair, but it’s much more than that. As you can see it has gas and break pedals and a steering wheel, and if I press a button two rockets push me to infinity and beyond. Sadly I haven’t installed those rocket’s yet, budget cuts ;)
Anyways, this ride would be totally comfortable because it’s used to my bum, we have shared many experiences and I know how it reacts.
The 5 wheels you see give me total control of the chair, so the curves I take, I take them like a pro!
With this ride I would totally own!!
Specs of the Custom Microsoft Jeep (vroom!) :
Powered by Microsoft Windows CE
Hub caps are made out of recycled Windows 95 Cd’s
Can turn into an underwater car
Goes 0-60 in 10.5 seconds
Has a HDTV with a xbox 360 inside it & has a pull out BBQ grill in the back for those beach trips
* He looks like an old rusty car but hides a top notch engine inside. There’s more to him than meets the eye.
* Unfortunately Bumblebee doesn’t allow anyone except Megan Fox to look at his engine since there’s some Cybertronian technology involved, but he’s rumored to have a comparable performance to the 2012 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe which would look like this:
- 6.2L V8 engine capable of 426 horsepower.
- Standard six-speed manual (six-speed automatic when he takes over)
- Four-piston Brembo brakes (2SS models)
* Ideal for difficult tracks because he can drive himself and he’s a very good driver.
* Should anyone dare to overtake him, he transforms into a giant robot and clears the track of other cars.
* Can be a bit moody, so be nice to him. He’s got feelings too.
What better car to make a cameo in Joy Ride Turbo than the original XBLA super star car, Yaris! Featured in its own free XBLA game in 2008, the Yaris had zoomed through half-pipe style stages blasting everything with its “mechanosymbiont” laser gun, eminating from its hood, to turn enemies into coins. Yes, it has its own made up gun. How can any other car possibly beat that?
As for the stats, it is a Yaris, so it will have a low top speed. However, it has good acceleration and excellent cornering and stunts. The real differentiating factor is in its laser gun. In a nod to its previous game, the gun can be used to blast other cars and make them drop coins, increasing your time limit and slowing them down a bit. Additionally, the gun with its long arm can be used on the stunt ramps, to do a hand plant for super tricks!
Take a look at the pictures, including the still shot, laser gun usage, and halfpipe tricking, and you’ll definitely agree that the Yaris is the custom car we deserve!
GIRL POWER DELOREAN SPECS
• Custom Heart Paint
• Blinding Orange Headlights
• Rocket Power engine that shoots flames WOOHOO
• On Board Navigation You will never get lost
• Plush Leather Interior (SUPER COMFY)
• Amazing Sound System
• Xbox 360 installed to Play JOYRIDE while you JoyRide =)
speed: 3 mph
acceleration: 9.8 m/s^2, only when falling
brakes: objects in front
handling: haha, are you serious
- Shoots K’nex pieces that lock-on to other vehicles.
- Can easily pop a wheelie to jump over other vehicles.
- The spokes can poke other vehicles’ wheels causing them to deflate
- Comes with Rodney the Robot ability that has a EMP blast to disable other vehicles.
> Submit an image and spec list of your ideal Joy Ride Turbo “Ride”
> The entry IS ALLOWING for images pulled from the inter webz, however, extra credit will be given to custom creations :)
>The PlayXBLA team will be judging the entries
>Contest Length is 4:30 PM PST – 6:30 PM PST
>The top ten entries receive a code for Joy Ride Turbo
>Email Your Entries to PlayXBLA@microsoft.com
>Have fun and feel free to be as creative as possible!