The recently launched Arcade Next headliner Bloodforge, now has a Title Update available to improve gameplay and functionality. I personally really enjoyed Bloodforge and I couldn’t be more excited to see this game get even better. Click Read More to view the complete Bloodforge Title Update details and a message to the community from the Microsoft XBLA Team & Climax Studios!
Official Message to the gaming community from the Microsoft XBLA Team & Climax Studios -
We’ve read the reviews, heard the feedback, and spent some time to trying to improve on the issues that were highlighted by many of you. We always hoped to entertain with the game and this Title Update is intended to provide a more enjoyable experience to players, and make elements less frustrating.
While not being a complete overhaul, which would have taken Bloodforge away from the vision that we still believe in, we hope this update will manage to address and mitigate several issues present in the original release and will be appreciated by the community.
Here is the official summary of the main areas that this title update addresses:
- The camera swaying motion when moving has been stabilized
- The camera auto-rotation in combat to frame targeted enemies has been significantly slowed and made smoother
- Semi-transparency rendering effect added to enemies when they are in front of the camera occluding Crom
- More health is refilled upon entering a new level
- More health is granted after death
- The Wodan fight (‘Land of the Dead’ boss) difficulty has been toned down, to provide a more progressive difficulty across the game
- Crossbow damage and rate of fire have been decreased to prevent exploiting ranged attacks (which are intended for chaining up combos)
- Awards and Achievements have been fixed to work and unlock as expected
Thank you for your patience, and we hope that all of you try out the update! Let us know what you think by posting in the Bloodforge Title Update thread on our forums!