Developer – Toylogic Inc.
Genre – Action/Multiplayer Mischief
Platform – Xbox LIVE Arcade
Happy Wars is a multi-player action game that pits different comic-style characters against each other in over-the-top combat arenas. Taking place in a variety of fantasy battlefields including grasslands, a dark world, and the ocean floor, players can control any of 3 types of characters: warrior, mage, and cleric.
Move - L stick
Normal attack - X
Guard (Warrior/Cleric) / Shoot (Mage) - RT
A skill - A
B skill - B
Team skill - Y
Special action (construction, war weapons operation) - LT
Skill selection Hold down LB and press the relevant skill button.
Display the list of Greeting commands or Order commands. Issue reaction commands - RB
Select a Greeting or Order command - A ,B, X, and Y
Camera rotation - R stick left or right
Switch Camera Mode - R stick up or down
Pause Menu - START
Display World Map & Player List - BACK
Overview of game play:
• Players are divided into two teams and the team which destroys the “Big Tower” located in the opponent’s castle wins.
• Architectural structures called “Towers” are placed on the Map.
• “Towers” are in a neutral state when the game starts.
• The neutral state and the opponent’s “Tower” can be changed to your “Tower” by construction action
• Player can sortie from his own troop’s Tower after dying.
• When the game starts, player can choose one of the characters he or she has previously created.
• Player can choose his occupation at the time of game start and after being dead during game.
Conditions to Win:
• Destroy opponent’s Big Tower
• If neither Big Tower is destroyed within the set time-limit, the team having more Towers (number of occupied Towers) wins.
• If the number of occupied Tower is the same, the game proceeds to sudden death.
• Once proceeding to sudden death, the battle is continued until either team excels the other in the number of occupied Towers.
Rules of Sudden Death
• All rules stay the same.
• Game ends when one of the Big Towers is destroyed.
• When either team excels the other in the number of occupied Towers, that team automatically wins the battle.
• Each occupation has specific characteristics for the role with special abilities “skill”.
Warrior is armed with protections (e.g. armors) and fights with weapons (e.g. Sword, ax)
• Since any complicated operations are not required, even beginners can handle this occupation easily.
• Key role is to fight forefront at any time and move the battle line forward.
• Highest striking power among all occupations
• Fastest traveling speed
• Capability of “Guard” with shield
• Available to use skill for close attack
The Cleric has recovery/supplemental skills and is best suited for those who like playing as a support role.
• Capability of guard with shield
• Available to use recovery skills
• Available to use enhance/support skills
• Available to use a skill to place gimmick material on the field.
The Mage class specializes in long-range attack with magic skills.
• Key role is to attack opponents from mid – long distance as rearguard.
• Lowest striking power with weapons
• Same traveling speed as a Cleric.
• No shield equipped
• Rich magic skills for long-range attack
• Available to use magic skills for far-ranging attack
• Available to use trap skills for remotely operated attack
• Available to shoot with magic bullets